Monday, March 15, 2010

Greetings From Sausalito, CA!

This weekend, Tom and I went to Sausalito on the way home from Point Bonita Lighthouse (more on that later). Apparently I had been there before when I was a teenager but it wasn't even remotely familiar to me when I looked it up. Now, having returned, I know why. It's not a particularly remarkable place. Yes, it's coastal (but what isn't around here?) and posh and quaint, but I didn't see much beyond that. It reminded me of dozens of other beach cities and communities I've been to like Laguna Beach and Coronado Island, specifically. All nice, all beautiful, but all with little to do but window shop and buy overpriced ice cream and trinkets. As I see it, if you're in the Bay Area and looking for something to do with a day, whatever you'd choose to see and do in San Francisco is much worthier of your time, energy, and money. Take that, Sausalito!

No comments:

Post a Comment