Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moving Up in the World/State

Tom and I moved from Santa Monica to Berkeley last month, and we had a lot of fun furnishing the apartment. We really tried to make this apartment reflect more of our personal senses of style as opposed to straight Ikea catalog, which I fear was the prevailing style in Santa Monica. In any event, here are a few pictures of the new digs.

Our kitchen, complete with plate wall inspired by design*sponge.

A wedding gift from a woman whose taste knows no bounds, Mrs. Elizabeth Durham.

The living room. We found a dresser at the thrift store for 10 dollars and some paint for 5. A few noxious fume painting sessions later, voilĂ !

Also the living room. The amazing rug was an indirect gift from Kake, Jason, and Courtney from when they gave me an Anthropologie gift card as a graduation present 3 years ago. Score one for patience.

I don't have any good photos of the bedroom but here's my dresser and a porcelain cocker spaniel.

Lastly, since moving here Tom and I have been making apple pies with some coaching from my Aunt Cindy. Here is one of them, smelling up the apartment in the best way imaginable.

1 comment: