Thursday, April 1, 2010

Guiness and Miller


Tom Rickeman, whose favorite show is Deadwood (true) and whose favorite movie is Blazing Saddles (not true, but let's let it go for the sake of illustration) had never ridden a horse before last week. Luckily he got Miller, a trusty old loper of a horse who was not as interested in illegally munching the new spring growth as my horse Guiness was.

Tom, mounting his trusty steed.


Guiness, as I mentioned, was a muncher. So much so that the lady who was leading our horse ride cautioned me to keep him back at least a foot behind her horse because mine liked to bite hers on the ass (you can say that when the topic is horses, right?) and then hers would kick mine in the face resulting, no doubt, in my death. Thankfully this did not happen.

1 comment:

  1. I should have stolen Miller to aid me in my career as a Wild West Sheriff.

    ReplyDelete